Menu

Followers

Links

Blogs:

Yankee Candle Sisters

Scentizens

The Waxinista

ScentsMakeMyDay


Vendors:

Front Porch

Rosegirls

Scentsy

Orchid Lake

Bathing Garden

CBV




Sunday, September 4, 2011

A few weeks ago I purchased Banana Nut Bread in tarts.  I figured I love bakery and I often make banana nut bread from scratch so I might as well try it out. 

When I gave it a sniff while it was cold I could get the bread and light banana and some hints of nuts.  Honestly I wasn’t sure how the throw was going to be since it wasn’t super strong cold.  Shockingly it was quite strong and very true to a banana nut bread baking in the oven.  Interestingly enough, when I was in the family room I could get a really awesome baking scent but once I walked into the kitchen it was almost too much.  I was not sure what I was smelling but it was not BNB.  It wasn’t sweet nor did I smell any banana.  It reminded me of a buttered bread.  It was a yeast smell which was not appealing at all.  When I left the kitchen, it once again worked itself out, which still to this day I do not understand why.  I feel that it could have used a bit more sweetness like some sugar or vanilla extract but that it totally just my opinion.  I still feel that it was a true, authentic scent that most bakery/foodie fans would like and should try. 

Have you tried BNB?  What did you think of it?  Most people I have talked to really liked it.  I will try it again and perhaps I will do a little mixology with it it.  I’ll post what I come up with and if it made it like my homemade bread.

Enjoy!

0 comments: