Menu

Followers

Links

Blogs:

Yankee Candle Sisters

Scentizens

The Waxinista

ScentsMakeMyDay


Vendors:

Front Porch

Rosegirls

Scentsy

Orchid Lake

Bathing Garden

CBV




Friday, March 29, 2013

IMG_1933I picked up Bunny Cake during the $1 Tarts and Votives sale at Yankee Candle. I was super excited to see this since my family has made a bunny cake for as long as I can remember and it was very much a cake covered in coconut!  We used to leave an ear without coconut because my sister has never been a big fan of it.  On a cold sniff I haven’t really gotten a lot of bakery or anything. It’s more of a vanilla/coconut smell.  I really am picky about this mixture since I don’t want it smelling like body lotion I have tried in the past (and hated with a passion).  I am hoping the citrus notes will make it more yellow cake meets bakery coconut with hints of citrus.  Bright and just down right makes you happy to eat it =). 

Yankee Candle describes this fragrance as

“A delicious way to hop into spring . . . a sweet treat of sugary coconut, creamy vanilla and bright citrus.”

After burning this votive I have come to the conclusion that it smells like flowers or soaps and not the bakery I was anticipating.  I am not sure why.  I will end up burning all three of the votives I purchased to see if this one was just sitting to close to another fragrance in the box and became a mix of that scent.  As for now, I don’t care for it.  I read mixed reviews for this scent before I even received my order.  I would rather it be super sugary sweet than smell like soap.

Rating (0-5):StarStar1/2  - we shall see how the others compare 

Throw: medium

Worth It: not as of now

If I think differently after I burn the others I will post an update.

0 comments: