Menu

Followers

Links

Blogs:

Yankee Candle Sisters

Scentizens

The Waxinista

ScentsMakeMyDay


Vendors:

Front Porch

Rosegirls

Scentsy

Orchid Lake

Bathing Garden

CBV




Wednesday, May 15, 2013

6052670461254022Golden Sands is one of the new fragrances from Yankee Candle for the summer.  It is listed in the Fresh category even though I get some floral in this as well. 

This fragrance is not strong by any means but that doesn’t mean rule it out.  I totally picture a nice evening stroll on the beach while the sun is setting however it does not have a “beachy” smell to it.  I don’t get even a hint the salty water, sea air or sun tan lotion smell.  I actually smell vanilla…not like a baker’s vanilla but a softer feminine vanilla.  I can smell the sandalwood and I do get a sweet floral note in it as well.  Yankee Candle’s description of this scent is:

Your private beach awaits, where time pauses in soft breezes of soothing sandalwood, luminous orange flower and warm tonka beans.

IMG_0219I personally won’t be buying this in a jar or anything but it was nice to try.  I wouldn’t turn it down if it was offered as a gift.  

It’s not overly floral which is nice because I’m pretty picky about floral scents.  I can’t handle them if they are too powdery. 

Rating (0-5): StarStarStar1/2 

Throw: light to medium

Worth It: Not something I am running to the store to pick up three jars but I’m sure there are people that really would enjoy this fragrance.

0 comments: