Menu

Followers

Links

Blogs:

Yankee Candle Sisters

Scentizens

The Waxinista

ScentsMakeMyDay


Vendors:

Front Porch

Rosegirls

Scentsy

Orchid Lake

Bathing Garden

CBV




Saturday, January 28, 2012
I have seen countless photos of candle cozies on the web and I decided one day that I was going to make my own. I went to Walmart and bought a knitting kit that had four looms, a plastic needle, and a hook in it. The ones I bought were plastic circles. The medium size loom is the perfect size to go around a jar from Yankee Candle. Since the jars are what tunnel I figured it would do a good job keeping the heat in and around the jar. I feel the Illumalid does a good job starting the candle but once the wax gets about half way it doesn't get the jar hot enough along the side.
I have finished two of these in a day. They don't take long to create since I did mine while I was watching tv. Now I have to remind you that if you make one please sit in the room with the candle since it's wrapped in a flammable material. Don't want any accidents!!

0 comments: