Menu

Followers

Links

Blogs:

Yankee Candle Sisters

Scentizens

The Waxinista

ScentsMakeMyDay


Vendors:

Front Porch

Rosegirls

Scentsy

Orchid Lake

Bathing Garden

CBV




Sunday, January 22, 2012

Well I know I haven’t gotten the actual haul up yet but I thought this was more important than just pictures of what I bought the other day.  It has been brought to my attention along with several others (they actually let me know before I noticed it) that the burn time has changed on the candles at BBW.  They were listed as 40-65 hours and now they are listed as 30-45 hours. You can see it on this label in the picture. 

blogger-image--1219192399

  I sent them a tweet and asked them flat out why did the burn time change?  We shall see if they will respond but if they do I will let you know.   If you look at their website, it still has the candles as the original burn time.  That could be a template they use to add product though.   Anyways, people have noticed that the candles don’t seem to be as full as they once were.   I actually went all scientific on them.  On the bottom it says that it’s the net weight.   I weighed an empty jar (with the labels on but without the lid) and zeroed blogger-image--932053767out the scale so the jar wouldn’t be counted.  You will have to excuse the dust on the scale, you can tell I don’t use it very often and was too into getting them weighed and not so much on how they would look on camera :).  I then placed several different candles on the scale.  Of course this would be weighing the wicks, wax, and glue to keep the wicks down.  Now unless they changed the jars from the one I weighed to the new scents, then this wouldn’t work but I’m going with they are the same.  You also should keep in mind the wicks have been changed in some of these.  I don’t think it is going to make that much of a difference but just keep it in mind. 

blogger-image-1620918

The jar weighs about 8oz.    I weighed Marshmallow Fireside, Green Grass, Paradise Daiquiri, Summer Berries, Jungle Kiss, and Caribbean Salsa.

Green Grass
blogger-image--1036648015

blogger-image-1085944619

Jungle Kiss
blogger-image--866043594

image
Paradise Daiquiri
blogger-image-2124258192
blogger-image-1870879514
 

Marshmallow Fireside
blogger-image-450526688

mfweigh
 

Caribbean Salsa

blogger-image--1876138685
caribsalsaweigh
 

Summer Berries
blogger-image-38287776

1 pound = 16 ounces

sumberriesweigh
It doesn’t seem that the jars are really lacking in wax, I still think it’s the wicks and since they have changed them so many times they might be thicker so they are burning more, but I’m not sure.   I just hope that if they are burning faster, BBW should really be telling us that by email, flyer in your bag, or mailer….. something! blogger-image--639018206 I am timing my Green Grass candle right now.  I am interested in seeing how long it takes.  I will continue to time the new scents just so I can get a good idea if they are burning faster.
 
 
Happy burning!
Tia~ YouTubeFacebookTwitter

0 comments: