Menu

Followers

Links

Blogs:

Yankee Candle Sisters

Scentizens

The Waxinista

ScentsMakeMyDay


Vendors:

Front Porch

Rosegirls

Scentsy

Orchid Lake

Bathing Garden

CBV




Sunday, May 27, 2012

20110728_10I often get asked about tart warmers.  Where did I get mine? How much was it? Which one is the best? How do clean the wax out….the list of questions goes on and on.   I actually have three that look just like this picture.  The one I have in the kitchen is from Kim’s Tarts.  I purchased it first before I knew I could just go and buy one at a local retail store (I didn’t know they sold them there).  I picked this one up at Bed, Bath and Beyond in the candle section of the store.  It’s made by a company called Candle Warmers.  It’s a 24 watt tart warmer/ candle warmer.  The bowl comes off for easy cleaning and you can place a candle on the plate to use up any fragrance that might be left in the little bit of wax in the bottom of the jar.  There is a flip switch to turn it on and off.  An indicator light is located on the base.

They have a variety of candle/tart warmers,  I have never used the ones that have a lamp shining down on the top of the candle.  I believe those melt both the bottom and the top simultaneously.  I am pleased with mine and would continue to buy this brand (as long as it’s in Bed, Bath and Beyond).  I believe I paid $13 at BBB and now that I’m thinking about it I should have used a coupon.  There is also a company called Vista Wholesale which I have heard several people mention.  I have never ordered from them but they have relatively inexpensive warmers. 

Let’s move on, how to get the wax out of the dish.  I just place a few ice cubes on the top of the wax which will cause it to shrink.  It should slide right now.  Sometimes I get tarts/melts that are stubborn.  When that happens, I just place the whole dish in the freezer.  I leave the ice cubes on the top, sometimes it gives me something to grab on to while trying to remove the wax.  This really only happens when I don’t use the whole melt/tart  or it’s too thin of a layer and refuses to budge.  I have read all sorts of tricks like putting a drop of water, wipe the bowl with oil or spray non stick cooking spray in the bottom of the dish.  I haven’t tried these but I guess the water prevents the wax from forming a tight seal which in turn slides out of the dish or breaks into pieces.   Obviously the non stick spray and oil would help the wax from sticking…it should slide right out.  Something about mixing stuff in my wax, I’m afraid would make it tweak the scent. 

What’s the difference between the warmer in the picture and a warmer from Scentsy or BH&G?  True there are several different warmers out there.  Scentsy and BH&G warmers are bulb warmers which are nice if you have children and/or pets.  The wax doesn’t get scalding hot and they also can be used as a night light.  I own the cupcake warmer from Scentsy and I have to say I love it.  This warmer takes the low and slow approach, low heat releases the scent slowly which of course means you don’t have to replace or change out the wax (unless you are tired of the scent).  As long as the wax is jam packed with oils then it will last for a long time.  These warmers, however, are not made to melt a Paraffin wax melt/tart (like Yankee).   You can try, but both of my light bulb warmers couldn’t even get it to melt the bottom of the tart.   My PartyLite warmer does have a hot plate and an LED light inside so it’s like the best of both worlds.  I have a snowman one from the holiday season and it was pretty inexpensive as well.  I think I bought it during the typical after the holiday sales.

When shopping for an electric warmer keep these questions in mind:

1. Can you remove the dish?
2. Do I want a heating plate or melt by light bulb heat?
3. How wide is the dish? Remember, wider gives off more of a scent throw.
4. What is the wattage? Mine are 24 watt, which makes the wax super hot.
5. Where am I putting this warmer?
6. If décor is your thing, does it match?  Don’t end up like me and wondering why I bought a big cupcake warmer.  It took sometime but I found it to be perfect in the kitchen.

Here are the links to where you can purchase warmers: (this includes the Scentsy and PartyLite warmers)

http://www.candlewarmers.com/

http://www.partylite.com

http://www.scentsy.net

http://www.vistawholesale.com

 

**Please note I’m not a consultant for either Scentsy or PartyLite.  I just enjoy both companies and have purchased products from each.

3 comments: